If you work in Australia, tax will be withheld from your pay and you need to lodge a tax return each year. You are Working Holiday Visa Holder if you are on following Visa subclass

  • 417 (Working Holiday)
  • 462 (Work and Holiday).

The Australian income year starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June the following year. From 1 January 2017 – as a working holiday maker – the first $37,000 of your income is taxed at 15% and the balance is taxed at ordinary rates. Any income you earned prior to 1 January 2017 will be taxed based on your residency. Residency can be calculated based on your presence in Australia. Contact us to lodge your tax return with us.